Year Completed: 2008
The Adriatic LNG Project encompassed the design, construction, installation and start-up of an offshore LNG receiving and regasification terminal.The key features of the project are as follows:
- GBS Structure
- 2 x 125,000m³ 9% Nickel steel modular LNG storage tanks
(each tank is 155m long x 33m wide x 28m high)
- Topsides regasification facilities
- Marine equipment
- Mooring dolphins
- Export pipeline
Engineering, Procurement, Technical Support
The project was carried in two phases:
Front End Engineering Design and Detailed Design for the modular LNG Tanks and association insulation and process systems.
Start up of detailed design.
Whessoe’s scope included:
- Detailed engineering
- Partial procurement, including 9% Nickel steel, tank insulation and instrumentation
- Fabrication of 9% Nickel modular LNG tanks and associated systems
- Construction management of the inner tank installation
- Technical support during initial cooldown of the tanks.
The two tanks were fabricated in a total of six sections by Whessoe’s subcontractor . Hyundai Heavy Industries, in South Korea. Upon completion they were transported in one shipment from South Korea to Algeciras in Southern Spain.
Upon delivery to Spain the units were installed in the GBS, assembled, tested and insulated prior to sailout of the GBS to its final location in the Adriatic Sea.